Tuesday 15 April 2014

Magazine Front Cover Progression

After reviewing the feedback I was able to make some changes to improve my front cover as a whole. Firstly one of the main problems was how unclear and dark the cover was, after second look I also felt it was to dark. I wanted to keep the metallic looking background as I felt it worked well so reduced the opacity to lighten it up which made the image become more clear. Also I had noticed on the majority of Little White Lies covers the actor is looking straight ahead where as on my cover the image is looking to the side. I felt the image worked and felt I would break the codes and conventions in terms of this for my cover. The positioning of the text didnt work to well to I experimented moving it about and in the end from suggestions people said due to the direction of the eyes in the image positioning it to the left hand side may work well, I still wanted to keep the font and its colours as people really liked this on the cover as they felt it showed good contrast between the darker colours. 

Also apart from above Louisa mentioned there could be more detail in the centre as the face appeared rather blank compared to the lower half of the cover. I didnt want to add more detail lines as I didnt want to make the image to realistic so instead I had some brushes in Photoshop which replicated concrete crack and mud splats which i placed around the face and body which seemed to work well and again fitted in with the genre of the film aswell as the cityscape and metallic background.



No comments:

Post a Comment